> > I think it'd be perfectly reasonable to have the option to use Solaris
> > without having to learn the details.
>
> By the way, I agree with you. Where we (perhaps) disagree is the means to get
> to the point of using
> Solaris without having to learn the details.
>
> And on further thought, I think I'll give up. I've stated my views on the
> subject, whoever got it, got
> it. Who didn't , didn't. It seems pointless to continue and much better to
> concentrate on the code.

Why would you give up? In this task of defining what needs to be done, it is
contrary views that are important, it is differences that are important...

What would you come up with if you work on the code without understanding what
ought to be the outcome ?  Go on, post some comments, argue, oppose, agree,
support, do anything, but why would you choose to give up?

The problem with a long thread as this in a forum is that no one seems to have
the time to read through the exchanges in an order, in the order in which the
discussion progressed, so most people react to bits and pieces of the overall
subject, rather than to what is emerging as a whole. So the comments on what
one writes are not always fair.

And particularly this open solaris forum tends to confuse readers as to who
wrote what and when. The display has to be studied in terms of how the thread
appears in terms of chronology, in terms of quotes (some of which with quote
marks missing (if the person who quotes it in his reply realigns the
linebreaks) ...

The forum would be better organized with options for each user to choose font
color and font size and font type, which should appear in the same color, size
and type in the quotes as posted.  That way, at any point of time one doesn't
get confused if a certan reply was to a comment by a or b or c.

Some of the reactions that you might have received were fair, some unfair, it
happens, go on.

If there is any possibility