W. Wayne Liauh wrote:
> in the (video) Device Section.  However, in Solaris, unlike Linux, there is
> no /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.  As my memory recalls, it is a major undertaking
> to try to modify X config in Solaris.  Someone cares to help?  Thanks.  (This
> is build 57 I am talking about.)  The build-in mouse pad doesn't work (yet);
> I am using an external USB mouse.

Not quite - in both Solaris & Linux, xorg.conf is optional, and
when not present, the system autoconfigures based on the hardware
found.   On both systems you can create and edit an xorg.conf to
your heart's desire - the easiest way to do so is simply to stop
X, and then run Xorg -configure and then mv that file to /etc/X11
and vi it as needed.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]