Is this as root or as a regular user (or both)? Either way check what your path
is set to and make sure that you didn't accidently clobber it (IE make sure
that you have /usr/bin still in your path).

Did you adjust your path in .bashrc or /etc/defaults/login? If it's using
.bashrc try explicitly adding /usr/bin to your PATH in your .bashrc. Perhaps
add something like:

PATH=/usr/bin:/opt/csw/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/ucb
export PATH

to your .bashrc.

I'm using an older (b55) version, and on my box gcc lives in /usr/sfw/bin so I
would suggest double-checking that you're looking for it in the right place.

That's about all I can suggest.