Darren J Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling wrote:

> >> A closed source desktop that no one appears interested in enhancing, let
> >> alone opening, doesn't rub well with an opens source OS.  Me. I'd prefer
> >> to go back to SunView....
> >
> > SunView did come with a usable free Font editor ;-)
> >
> > We do not need to run a GUI in 2 MB nowerdays.
> >
> > I would like to see OpenWin available for Nevada again. It is available
> > for e.g. SuSE Linux, so why not for Solaris?
>
> Are you sure it is all of OpenWindows not just the xview based stuff
> that Sun open sourced many years ago ?  If I remember correctly the OLIT
> based toolkit and applications were not open sourced - I could be
> remembering wrongly.  I do remember running xview based applications and
>   ol(v?)wm on Slackware Linux back around 1994ish.

The question would be where to fetch the most recent version of the source.
I did fetch anc compile a recent version of olvwm in 2003, I do not remember
where I did put the sources and where I fetched them at that time.
At that time, I compiled them on Solaris 9.

I planned to compile the sources on Solaris 11 sice a while, there is a lack of
time.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)