Alan Burlison wrote:
> It appears to me that opensolaris-discuss is becoming more and more
> dominated with Solaris installation questions, and the OpenSolaris
> content is becoming lost in the noise.  Whilst it is very nice that
> people are being so helpful, it would seem to me that we should either
> be directing people elsewhere (e.g. BigAdmin) or set up a new list
> (opensolaris-newbies?) for installation and getting-started questions.
>
> What do people think?

Well I waged what for a while appeared to be a one man campaign
redirecting Solaris 10 questions to more appropriate forums.
Unfortunately, the help list suffers the same problem.

Maybe I'll start again, mail lists can very easily get swamped with off
topic posts if people realise they get answers there.

I'd suggest a polite redirection of off topic posts, or simply ignore them.

Ian