> Unfortunately many authors seem to live under a major
> rock. There isn't
> much Sun can do about it.
>
> Matthew

Actually Sun publishes this book and Sun's company logo prominently displays on
the book cover.  Sun's people had every right to dictate what should be
included in this book.

However, hindsight is always 20/20.  Two (or may be three) years ago, who in
any reasonable mind could have anticipated that Solaris would work so
powerfully on X86/64 machines?  Now even IBM has to roll into the Solaris camp.
 It is easy (for me) to criticize that someone might have screwed up, but the
truth is, things are happening beyond anyone's wildest contemplation.  This
omission interestingly enough serves a very powerful testimony.

BTW I installed nv_70 last night.  It did have a major problem--I was not able
to preserve the installed slices.  Perhaps someone can tell me what I did
wrong.  But at least I am able to rid of the crazy gnome cursor behavior of
nv_69.