From: Martin Bochnig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 10:08 PM
To: Angie Moore
Cc: opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [osol-discuss] back to windows share -possible automated?

Angie Moore wrote:
> Wow, you're helpful and condescending/smartass all in one! I suggest
> you learn your manners.
>
> BTW, my proposal is actually better than yours. Star has too many
> limitations, compared the usefulness of smbmount to a Windows share.

Aha, could you name a few?
The star-author is around here, and probably listening ...
Maybe you can submit a diff against it?

> You use
> smbmount in combination with cpio and it works wonderfully. If you
> want some help, just shoot me an email.

No, thanks, I never use MS software (except sometimes MASM under IBM-DOS
2000 inside SunPCi3, for educational purposes).

And as for the rest: I didn't indent to offend you.
But your initial statements have been - to say the minimum - incomplete.
That's - however - no reason, to cry me down in that manner.
I regret I responded at all.

>  Your proposal is actually "quite odd."
>
> Anne

DDS/4.
> Else star' into a file and cp that file over to the WinNT box.
> Simply copying over actual Solaris files (from ufs or zfs) makes no
> sense (except for $HOME, with limitations), as the file systems are
> too different and you cannot copy misc. special files or links to
> whatever fstype  which WinNT might understand
(FAT/FAT32(/HPFS3)/NTFS[4|5]).