On 23/08/07, Keith Bierman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2007, at 10:27 AM, Shawn Walker wrote:
>

> wasn't conveniently located near their offices, such as, I don't know,
>
> the midwest :)
> I think it makes the most sense to locate it close to wherever the largest
> contributor population exists.  Maximally increasing the costs of attendance
> for the majority would be ill-advised.

I know, as I said, it just seems like conferences, conventions, etc.
are always located on the east or west coast somewhere. I'm just
whining because it just never works out in schedule, cost, etc. to go
to a conference on the coasts.

> That said, Las Vegas is often an inexpensive place to fly to, and if one
> stays away from the Strip, it can be an inexpensive place to meet. The US
> Fortran committee made it the semi-permanent meeting place about a decade
> ago for those reasons.

This is true.

Can I have some cheese with my whine? :)

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it. " --Donald Knuth