Wholeheartedly agree.
Plus, isn't the whole point of the summit to get people in a room
working on stuff, not giving talks and stuff?  Webcasting a bunch of
geeks in a room working isn't terribly interesting (IMHO).

cheers,
steve

Sara Dornsife wrote:
> Phones aren't the issue, nor is VoIP availability. I work remotely,
> listening in on a meeting over the phone without proper mics and
> speakers, is useless. Worse, frustrating. The university doesn't have
> the kind of phone system that would make it possible to listen to
> everyone talk regardless of where they are in the room, and that
> everyone that is in the room can properly hear everyone on the phone.
>
> I think we may need to give up on this idea and just post the videos
> after the event.
> Sara
>

> Keith Bierman wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 23, 2007, at 11:02 AM, Sara Dornsife wrote:
>>
>>> Because we are at a university, we may not have the phone lines
>>> available.
>>
>> Seems like most universties have phones. If not, cell phones often
>> work ;> Barring that, assuming there is internet connectivity, a
>> softIP solution should work (or hard if anyone has a packet8, etc.
>> unit to schlep up/down).
>>
>> gizmo offers conference services. They might well waive any fees for
>> such a meeting if contacted ahead of time.
>>
>> Keith H. Bierman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Strategic Engagement Team                   | AIM: kbiermank
>> <speaking for myself, not Sun*> Copyright 2007

stephen lau // [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 650.786.0845 | http://whacked.net
opensolaris // solaris kernel development