Joerg Schilling wrote:
Jim Grisanzio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Joerg Schilling wrote:

I have no problem if Sun would start to publish something called:
"Sun OpenSolaris ...."
Why would "Sun OpenSolaris" make sense? Actually, that expression has been used (incorrectly) in the media, and it's only added to the confusion. Also, isn't it a benefit for the distros to share in the use of the brand?

As other distros cannot use the brand name, it would be bad if Sun used it.

We have been discussing TM guidelines and usage scenarios for the past two weeks. We are working to create NEW guidelines. Yes, the current (past) guidelines have been restrictive. I'd like to see you work with the rest of us on how to create new guidelines that work better for all distributions.

Jörg