Orvar Korvar writes:
> "2. There must be in future fully Gentoo installation philosophy allowing to
> compile kernel sources and adjust it for computer on which you are doing
> install."
>
> With the Solaris kernel you can configure it a lot without recompiling. For
> instance, you can choose between different schedulers during runtime. The
> solaris kernel behaves well without having to recompile, which is a must with
> (inferior) Linux.

A big -1 from me as well on that wish-list entry.

Any "adjustment" that requires a kernel recompile is just a bug, and
should be fixed.  That might have been an acceptable answer 25 years
ago, but it's not now, and if any part of OpenSolaris really needs the
"-funroll-loops" sort of manual hackery, then we're in deep trouble.