Girts Zeltins wrote:
> As we know Indiana is future of Solaris, but there is lots of things about
> which must continue discussions.
>
> 1. There is need to provide Solaris installation without graphical desktop.
> The graphical desktops (KDE, XFce, GNOME, Window Maker, IceWM, FVWM, ...) must
> be on additional place allowing to choose which to install. Now Indiana
> provide
> GNOME integrated. The GNOME must be not integrated!!!
> All desktops which are listed in: (www.xwinman.org) website must be supported
> for Solaris.

The first thing you can do to help is to make sure those choices properly build
on Solaris. It's clear that GNOME already has (by being included in the
developer preview), but also

KDE

  http://solaris.kde.org/

and XFCE

  http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/xfce/

and WindowMaker

  http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/companion/contributors/content/

and FVWM

  http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/companion/contributors/content/

and ICEWM

  http://www.blastwave.org/packages.php

When the time comes to be able to provide packages to
http://pkg.opensolaris.org, it will happen given there's already knowledge of
how to do this, so that in the future you'll be able to download many of these
desktop environments and try them out.

As always though, it needs real people to take the initiative and make it
happen. Looking forward to your participation on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Glynn