On 06/11/2007, Patrick Finch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Shawn Walker wrote:
> > The real issue behind our current troubles is not primarily technical
> > or logistical (as the author erroneously previously believed) in
> > nature; it is not about naming, trademarks, or branding; it is about
> > the failure of community groups to take up the responsibilities, that
> > the OGB, empowered by our constitution, has delegated to them [24]
> > (which may be because they were not informed of this delegation;
> > adequately or at all).
>
> I agree with this problem, although I am not sure which part of your
> proposal addresses it.  Regardless of the leadership question (which is
> not to dismiss it), I think that there should be some closer engagement
> between the leadership at the OGB level and at the project and community
> level.
>
> Perhaps that the role of community facilitator be replicated at a
> project level, or that the role is more clearly defined and more
> visible.  Have all communities even appointed a facilitator?

That is certainly a possibility. Perhaps a designated leader at each
level, and then one overall for our community would help. Whether that
is merely making a particular member of the OGB a leader, etc. I don't
know.

I do know that we need strong leadership; and that the current
governance structure does not sufficiently provide that.

Thanks for your comments; this type of comment is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Cheers,
--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all uses of all
junction types--in the absence of quantum computing the combinatorics
are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall