On 22/11/2007, Georg-W. Koltermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Actually, most of the good things for laptops are now in Solaris
> > Express. WiFi support out of the box for Intel chipsets, better video
> > support, etc.
> >

> Yes, and that's what I'm after.  Are there plans to backport these into a
> Solaris 10 update?  'cause Solaris 10 is supported by Rational, and most
> other vendors of commercial software, while OpenSolaris is not...

In some cases, not at this time. The work is too significant to backport.

In other cases, yes.

If this is an issue for you as a Sun customer, I would open a support
ticket with your Sun support representatives and escalate the issue.

I can't speak for Sun; I can only tell you what I believe to be true
based off what I've read on the mailing lists and Sun blogs.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all uses of all
junction types--in the absence of quantum computing the combinatorics
are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall