> I've a Sony VAIO VGN-SZ4XWN/C laptop which is quite
> an odd laptop in that it has two graphics chipsets.
> It has a high performance/high power consumption
> Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 as well as a lower
> performance/low power consumption integrated graphics
> in the form of the Intel GMA 950. There is a switch
> on the laptop marked 'Stamina/Speed' which selects
> the appropiate graphics chip.

After further investigation, I am convinced this is working as expected. When
switched to Speed, there is a large Nvida configuration utility that can be
accessed from

All Aplications -> System Tools ->NVIDIA X server Settings.

It can read the CPU temperature and allows me to set loads of things if I want
to.

In contrast, when I boot in the Stamina position, which uses the Intel chip
set, there is very little that can be set on this Nvidia utility - not even
resolution. The GPU temperature can't be read.

It is also running warmer in the Speed position and the fan running louder, so
it seems this Speed/Stamina switch is selecting the correct graphics chip set
(Intel 950 or Nvidia GeForce Go 7400).

Dave