Hm, I got the email this time, but it's a bug id that works internal
to Sun only: 6636848, or
http://bt2ws.central.sun.com/CrPrint?id=6636848.

I tried typing this into the open solaris bug tracking tool, and it
says the bug doesn't exist.  I did a full text search for mysql and
got 9 hits, none of which are my bug.  I also tried limiting to
"solaris/utilities" and got nothing, and the actual category it
searched for was cdwx/utility.

This is *soooo* broken! I don't know how *anybody* can use this bug
tool!!  What are people *really* doing to manage their issues?

Just to summarize the problems I'm having:

* The first time I logged a bug, it said "the bug has been logged" and
gave me *no* reference to the bug id, even the number let alone a link
to its entry
* I never got an email
* A search for it showed up nothing - and the search tool is brain
dead.  I can't search by bugs I logged or bugs assigned to me or
anything like that.  It's like a demo search UI.
* The categories in search don't even match up to the categories
available when creating a bug
* The *second* time I logged it, I got an email, but with a *Sun
internal* bug id (bugster), and when I tried to use this bug id
externally, no go, and search still came up empty (see above).

David

--
David W. Van Couvering
http://davidvancouvering.blogspot.com