> solid">  (It's a good feeling to know
> that the Solaris kernel has good genes.  Another
> smiley.)</blockquote>
> href="http://www.christophermahan.com/";>http://www.chr
> istophermahan.com/</a><br><a
> href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> com
> </a><br><a
> href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> com</a><br>cell 818.943.1850

> opensolaris-discuss mailing list
> opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org

But kernels are written by human beings, & they inevitably manifest many of the
traits of those who created them. . . I am sure there are a lot of resident
Star Trek die-hards who will do a much better job explaining.  But a couple of
Sun's senior engineers have done a partial DNA sequencing on the Solaris kernel
and published a 1000+ pages book:

http://www.amazon.com/Solaris-Internals-TM-OpenSolaris-Architecture/dp/0131482092/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197870652&sr=1-2