Roman Morokutti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently installed 4 GB RAM but only see 3 GB. Maybe this is an
> issue of have been loading the 32 bit kernel. I am encountering a
> strange problem when I type this command:
>
>  uname -a
>
> It shows:
>
> SunOS solar-star 5.11 snv_77 i86pc i386 i86pc
>
> Should not stand here something with i686 then?

No, Solaris always shows i386 on x86-compatible systems.
The way you tell what type of kernel you are running is
isainfo -kv:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ [8:19am - 106] uname -a
SunOS alf 5.11 snv_78 i86pc i386 i86pc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ [8:19am - 107] isainfo -kv
64-bit amd64 kernel modules

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]