Well yea, but most all of it gets reviewed in a lot of defense
environments, the stuff that's not is like Adobe which in theory ought
to get some coverage from looking at it for other certifications.
>From what I've seen, it's a crapshoot wether, and to what extent, an
evaluator does work on binary components. Much of it can depend on how
they're being used in an environment.

I've had to do reviews of binary-only components for evaluation, and
it's painful but we still did it.

My main point was along the lines that what's happening is really
the opposite of sneaking a back door in, instead there are huge
piles of people globally who're working to prevent that.

Tim