Rocky, I patched the Solaris CPU driver to enable bit 1 of the _PDC. Are you willing to give it a try? If it fixes the problem with your system, then I'll see about getting the fix integrated into Nevada.

I've attached the driver and an install script. The driver is the 64-bit driver. If you need the 32-bit instead, let me know.

Rocky wrote:
In the meantime, you might want to take Gavin's advice and
modify the line in

ssdt_1_CpuPm.dsl to be

If (LEqual (And (PDC1, 0x09), 0x09))

recompile the file and place it under
/boot/acpi/tables.

Superb, Gavin/Mark many thanks for your help, I will have an experiment.

#!/bin/ksh

/bin/cp cpudrv.gz /tmp
cd /tmp
/bin/gunzip cpudrv.gz
/bin/cp /platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/amd64/cpudrv
/platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/amd64/cpudrv.org
/bin/cp cpudrv /platform/i86pc/kernel/drv/amd64/cpudrv
/bin/rm cpudrv