On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Roman Morokutti
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I just compiled and installed the wget program. After
>  installation I tried to type wget, but nothing happened.
>  So I saw that it has been installed into /usr/local.
>
>  Further investigation has shown that wget was the
>  only tool which has been installed into /usr/local (yet).
>
>  So my question is if I should copy all under /usr/local
>  into /usr. Or would it be better to modify my path
>  variable? What is the standard way under Solaris with
>  such GNU tools?

wget should already be on a Solaris 10 system: /usr/sfw/bin/wget

/usr/local or /opt/local is where programs you compile and install
yourself should go.

Just add /usr/local/bin to your PATH.

and /usr/local/man to your MANPATH

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"To err is human -- and to blame it on a computer is even more so." -
Robert Orben