> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Dennis Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>>  Then that license needs to be "fixed" or we need to figure out if
>>  OpenSolaris is inside Sun or not.
>
> It can't be fixed as it is right now. The legal requirements are
> dictated by third parties.
>
> Why do you think Sun is working so hard on creating Indiana and moving
> towards that model?
>
> Because something that is freely redistributable is for the best long term.
>
> Remember that Solaris Express releases include BitStream, Real
> Networks, etc. technology as well as other encryption components that
> must be tracked.
>
> While people can choose to redistribute on other download websites,
> etc. that does not excuse Sun from their legal responsibilities as a
> public company.
>
> While I agree with your views, they do not reflect the
> responsibilities Sun has to their licensors, shareholders, or the
> government.

However, if I were at RealNetworks and I was told that 7000 people
downloaded and are running the RealPlayer last month, without logging in
somewhere first, then I'd be pretty happy with that.

The problem here is that insanity is running the show. Sort of like the RIAA
going after some little lady and her three kids for downloading a song. Gee,
yeah, that will fix the problem.

Dennis