> From:  beardal
>
> Too much memory!!!!!
>
> My experience thus far with a MSI Platinum mainboard
> is, with the xVM kernel you will need to trim down the memory with:
> eeprom physmem=600000
>
> //Alan

What is the problem w/4GB of RAM? I currently have a 32-bit P-IV system with
4GB of RAM and am having no problems at all...

> From: gavinm
>
> The sata ports of of that nVidia chipset should just work under the nv_sata
> driver.

Thanks, That's great news!

> Is that ECC memory? I'd use nothing less on a server.
>
> Gavin

That memory is not ECC. While generally I'd agree with you that you shouldn't
use anything less than ECC memory in a server, I did fail to point out that
this is a home NAS that doesn't demand 5-9's of uptime. I do not believe that
the board supports ECC memory either.

> From: ian
>
> Does the board have a 64-bit PCI-X slot?
>
> Ian

It does not. I have read favorable reviews about running the AOC-SAT2-MV8 in a
32-bit slot however. I realize that I will not get maximum performance by doing
this but I don't think that I have a 64-bit option due to budget constraints.