Jürgen Keil wrote:
>> When I reboot, BootCamp sees the other partition, and
>> I can try to boot iit - but it goes to a black screen for a second or
>> two and then shows  "Bad PBR sig" at the bottom.
>> I can't seem to find anything on Google.  If anyone has tried this, I'd
>> love to know what I'm doing wrong here.
>>
>> Both BootCamp & rEFIt seem to be unable to boot it,
>> so I suspect GRUB  hasn't been written out somehow?
>>

> IIRC, the last time I experimented with an iMac I always had
> to boot from the installation DVD, and tell the GRUB from
> the installation DVD to use the root filesystem from the
> hdd and load the kernel and boot archive from there...

Hi Jürgen,
    Thanks for the detailed info/explanation - yeah, I'm able to boot
off of the DVD and point GRUB at my hdd to boot and that works fine.  I
would like to be able to boot directly from BaseCamp or rEFIit though.
After booting directly into Solaris and doing an `installgrub -m
/boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/c1d1s0` to explicitly
write out GRUB to the MBR I've made some progress.  It at least shows:

GRUB

in the top left before hanging, rather than Bad PBR sig.
Any idea what error this might be indicating?

cheers,
steve

--
stephen lau | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.whacked.net