Oscar Usifer wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We need a hardware RAID 5 card supported by Open Solaris and/or (preferably)
> Solaris 10 that performs well. Previously we were using 3ware 9550SXU-4LP,
> but found that the device drivers won't be out until Q3 - Q4 time frame for
> Open Solaris. We have a Supermicro X7DBU MOBO *1, and wanted a recommendation
> for a SATA RAID 5 card.
Kind of evading the question, but (Open)Solaris has ZFS, which is often
a better option than hardware RAID5.

> Also wondered if it's possible to port the Linux over to Solaris, or if
> anyone had done this already and could share?
Port what?

> Are Open Solaris device drivers compatible with commercial Solaris 10?

Provided they don't use any APIs that are new on OpenSolaris, yes.  The
Solaris way is to use the correct APIs and test on the oldest version
you indent to support.  That way your driver will work on newer versions.

Ian