> The latest version of Virtual Box uses the e1000g for
> the driver, and I'm
> under the impression that you can run a VMWare
> created image under
> Virtual Box. Get 1.6 which is available on the
> virtualbox.org site.

Running on a Windows XP host, I have a choice of AMD PCnet II and III, as well
as Intel Pro/1000. I've not tried running a VMware image under VirtualBox.

> Maybe this could be a workaround on OpenSolaris?

This would only be a workaround if VirtualBox could make use of the VMware
drivers, and I wouldn't have thought that would work.

> I have to wonder if VMWare shouldn't be the one
> providing the driver for
> VMWare, since they are the ones that provide the
> guest software on
> OpenSolaris.

Well like I said, Nevada already includes VMware drivers.

Cheers

Andrew.