On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Helge G. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does Sun plan to extend the pkg.opensolaris.org repository over the lifetime
> of 2008.05, so that it will become more and more comparable to the official
> Debian or Ubuntu repositories, or will that not happen before the next
> OpenSolaris release, or maybe not at all?
>

>From what Sun announced at Community One, it is my understanding that
they intend to significantly extend the repository at
pkg.opensolaris.org as time passes. However, no specific timeline was
given.

I suspect we'll see more "real soon now" -- especially from the SFE
and SFW projects.

--
Shawn Walker

"To err is human -- and to blame it on a computer is even more so." -
Robert Orben