2008/5/28 Cj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I am new to the opensolaris operating system.
>
> I have an AIX background so if someone has a AIX to opensolaris sheet they
> would like to pass along great.
>
> I downloaded opensolaris and installed it ok.
> I installed virtual box but get an error of
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr>VirtualBox
> Qt WARNING: VirtualBox: cannot connect to X server
>

> I am running this on a gui terminal so I am not sure what it refering to. Do
> I need something else to be started?
>
> I tried to install openoffice.org and get the following errors:

It looks like you can't access pkg.opensolaris.org on port 80 from your system.

If you have a proxy that you have to use to obtain outside access, set
your http_proxy environment variable appropriately and then try
running it again.

--
Shawn Walker

"To err is human -- and to blame it on a computer is even more so." -
Robert Orben