Joerg Schilling wrote:
> I heard anbout this seveeral times and I am wondering how one would install a
> driver without this feature.........

By marking it as a driver, and letting the packaging system run it's
standard driver installation actions.   Most drivers don't need custom
scripts that each have to be maintained separately.

It might make more sense if instead of thinking of it as "no packaging
scripts" you think of it as "no scripts provided by packages, common
scripts provided by packaging system instead, so there's one copy,
not one per driver" - though with the caveat that there's plans to allow
packages to be able to provide postinstall-like scripts (though if doing
a install into a image not running, they won't be run until that image is
booted, similar to GNOME's postrun) in the future.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]