On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:55 PM, UNIX admin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> There is no post-install script facility within IPS
>> so you have to run the
>> mkheaders script yourself .. for now :
>
> What!?!?!
>
> There are no equivalents of pre- and postinstall, no equivalents of pre- and
> postremove?!?!?

   No. Pkg is a no-scripting zone:

   http://blogs.sun.com/sch/entry/pkg_1_a_no_scripting

   The only facility being worked on is a postrun action that will allow a
   limited form of postinstall. Scripting integrated into package installation
   and removal procedures is a broken approach. There have been times
   I was stuck with un-removable packages or messed up metadata
   because of failure of one or more of the pre/post scripts. Debian APT
   as well has a nice separation between package installation phase
   and configuration phase.

Regards,
Moinak.