Hi Everyone,

I have no idea if anyone in the Open Solaris community is familiar with SciTech
SNAP Graphics, and our device driver architecture. Anyway, to cut a long story
short, my company built a fantastic, OS neutral, binary portable device driver
mechanism that runs on Linux, Windows, OS/2, DOS, Embedded systems and more. We
support both graphics and audio drivers, and have built a huge stable of
support for graphics cards and audio drivers.

Well I have moved onto other things, and we are no longer actively developing
the software, and our efforts to sell the software to interested third parties
fell through. For that reason, we have decided to release all the source code
(pending NDA releases of course) under an Open Source, BSD/MIT license.
Unfortunately I do not have the time necessary to complete this transition
myself, so I am looking for interested companies and/or volunteers who would
help taking the project to an Open Source release.

So, this is effectively a call for volunteers, and also a call to see if anyone
at Sun might express any interest in taking over this project and the project
maintainer etc.

If you are not familiar with the products, you can still find information on
them on our web site:

http://www.scitechsoft.com

You can download the old SDK's and full API documentation. No driver source
code can be released until it has been vetted and code developed under NDA is
released from the NDA by the respective manufacturers.

Regards,

Kendall Bennett, CEO
A Main Hobbies
349 Huss Drive