2008/6/19 Brian Utterback <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Okay, knowing what I do about Solaris, I can accept that getting the
> updated packages wrong can brickify your system, but either the
> package manager needs to handle this for you, or put up a dialog in
> blinking red that says "Danger: Warm brick imminent."  I thought the
> enticing "Shall we play a game?" gambit went out years ago. At least
> they called the game "Global Thermonuclear Warfare" as a clue.

The main issue is that the packagemanager GUI is currently divergent
in code from the cli.

As such, you don't have the safety net of the boot environments that
the cli provides you.

If you use the cli, you'll get a boot environment created so you could
have safely recovered from this scenario.

It is unfortunate that you ran into this issue, but please note that
this will be addressed in the gui soon.

Thanks,
--
Shawn Walker