Brian Utterback writes:
> Okay, so now I wanted to update to build 90. I tired update all again,
> and again it hung. So, I tried to update only the packages that are in
> the kernel update patch. Big mistake. The package manager happily
> updated the packages I requested, but after that I went to reboot, and
> now the system won't boot. I get the bios then the grub menu. I choose
> OpenSolaris and then boom, I'm back to the bios startup.

Is there any chance that it flashes something on the screen about not
being able to mount root?

If so, then you've run into the same problem that many others have run
into.  The updater is supposed to update the grub booter, but
doesn't.  You need to boot into the previous environment, mount up the
new one and run $ROOT/boot/solaris/bin/update_grub.