> I can also understand
> the lack of enthusiasm for Indiana (even though it
> was my first contact with Solaris and still is) since
> Solaris seems to loose it's own identity in favor of
> becoming more like Ubuntu.

> There
> already is a channel for Project Indiana (#os200805)
> where mostly beginners are ideling not able to help
> each other due to lack of experience.

What an interesting observation!

So, the old timers are sticking with SX:CE or SX:DE by "not being
enthusiastic", as you observed, to "Indiana". On the other hand, the newcomers
seem to prefer it.

The question is, how will the newcomers make progress? Will they eventually
have to "take the plunge" and go SX:DE or SX:CE?

And the really interesting question: why haven't the more experienced Solaris
people embraced "Indiana"?

> On the other hands it
> would be cool if old-school users would discover
> their heart for us Indiana users, since a lot of us
> are pretty lost.

If you want to learn Solaris, then you should learn Solaris the way he really
is - SX:DE or SX:CE.

And should a new user master Solaris Express, sooner or later they will find
that Solaris 10 is the only alternative for anything remotely serious - i.e.
getting some real work done.