I have recently installed build 93 and now rhythmbox will not load mp3 files. I
get the following error.
The GStreamer plugins to decode "MP#" files cannot be found.

I compiled and installed the latest gstreamer. Then attempted to compile
plugins-base but get the following errors:
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /tmp/work/gst-plugins-base-0.10.19/gst-libs
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
failcom='exit 1'; \
for f in x $MAKEFLAGS; do \
  case $f in \
    *k*) failcom='fail=yes';; \
  esac; \
done; \

Question 1: This worked out-of-the-CD on build 81. Why am I needing to compile
this?
Question 2: What does the above error mean?

Thanks for any help
<mike>