On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 6:58 PM, J.D. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I read this topic
> http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=199453 because I need
> Bulgarian phonetic layout but looks like I have more problems.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/X11/bin# ./Xorg -configure
>
> Fatal server error:
> Server is already active for display 0
>        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
>        and start again.
> ----
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/X11/bin# ls /etc/X11/
> gdm
>
> Any ideas ?

   You can't have two Xorg servers running on the same display.
   You need to stop the current X11 GUI and drop down into command line console:
   svcadm disable gdm

   Once in command line mode login and run Xorg -configure
   It will create the file  ~/xorg.conf.new
   That needs to be tweaked as per your needs and copied into /etc/X11/xorg.conf

   In order to get back the GUI desktop login once you are done:
   svcadm enable gdm; exit 0

Regards,
Moinak.