Moinak:

Another way would be simply to boot into single user mode to get to
console.  VT is integrating soon into Nevada, I believe, so once that
is integrated users will have a more reasonable mechanism to switch
to console logins.  I expect this will get into the next OpenSolaris
release, but I'm not 100% sure.

Brian