Mark:

> I pulled the DVD image from
>
> https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/[EMAIL
>  PROTECTED]
>
> "Solaris Express Community Edition, Build 96".
>
> I tried the 'libgcc' link but that didn't help.  Is there any way to see how
> applications like rhythmbox
> or totem are processing the GST plugins?

You can run gst-inspect to get information about installed plugins.  You
can run gst-launch to try and run a particular pipeline.  You can set
debug to get debug output.  This is all documented in the gst-launch and
gst-std-options man pages.

Note you can also use the options defined in gst-std-options with totem.
However, it is often easier to debug using gst-launch since it is a more
simple command line interface.  You can run like this:

gst-launch filesrc location=/full/path/to/file ! decodebin ! sunaudiosink

Note the "!" characters are exclamation marks.  If you are missing a
plugin, it would generate an error.

> Might the Fluendo plugin need a '.la' file? There are over 120 plugins in
> '/usr/lib/gsteamer-0.10' and
> all but a few have an '.la' file. The Fluendo plugin does not.

".la" files are libtool files, and are only used for building things.
On Solaris, we do not ship any ".la" files.  I can't imagine that this
would be the source of any problems you are seeing.

Brian