I am wondering to what extent Opensolaris/Solaris 10 has for built in SNMP
monitoring.
Ideally I would like many metrics be observable (CPU, memory, IO load,
network, etc)
Also, I'd like SNMP traps be sent out on various events, like drive failures
or authentication failures.
I search a bit of at solarisinternals.com and haven't seen anything in this
way discussed or mentioned (or maybe my google-fu sucks)

It looks like Cacti picked up most performance metrics by default, but it
looks like average IO load is missing (read/write ops, mbytes read/write,
etc)

Does anyone know of any projects that can do what I'm looking for, or
extending the defaults of the SNMP service?

Regards,

--
Brent Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]