Sun's SNMP stack SMA is based on Net-SNMP 5.0.9 which is quiet old, we are
currently working on integrating latest stable 5.4.x bits  .  However if you
looking for monitoring capabilites SMA ties well with FMA (Fault
Monitoring)  for more information check out
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-6813?l=en .

thanks,
Pradhap.D