> Running os0811 under VBox now allows my notebook to
> go into suspend mode according to exactly the same
> manner that the Vista host is scheduled to do.
> Unlike some Linux distros, os0811 wakes up
>  instantly.  This is really something.

I need to add a comment that at the present time, the Solaris guest clock is
not in sync with the host clock (this problem only exists with Solaris guests).
 Thus, when the Vista host and the Solaris guest wake up after they went into
the sleep mode, the Solaris clock will display the time when it went to sleep.
(Don't we all wish that this happens in real life?  :-)  )

Any way, an easy workaround is to synchronize the Solaris clock with an
internet time server (System -> Administration -> Time and Date, I chose my
alma mater clock.psu.edu).

Another inadequacy when running Solaris in Vista is the unavailability of
sharing holders (again, this happens only when running Solaris guest in Windows
hosts).  Brian Leonard has an excellent workaround:

http://blogs.sun.com/observatory/entry/accessing_windows_shares

(Thanks.)

Now a brief commercial:

Sun's VirtualBox is working so well and so transparently, I have not booted up
my other Solaris notebooks (running on bare metal) for over a week now (& don't
see any incentive at least in the near future).

Let's face it, we will be fooling ourselves to think that we can convince
anyone (or even ourselves) to install OpenSolaris on a brand new notebook.
Doing so will void the warranty.  As I mentioned in my previous post, nowadays
you can get a very decent notebook (say, dual core, 3GB/250GB) at a very decent
price (mine for ~$650).  Running VirtualBox allows us to break the hardware
barrier.

As a side note, Build 98 is working really great.  Its GUI package installer
now works like a charm.  Everyone's got to try it.  :-)