If it's OpenSolaris because you want ZFS and want package updates or software
management, you could opt for either OpenSolaris 2008.05 or 2008.11. You can
find the links here: http://opensolaris.org/os/downloads/

If it's just a NAS server, it probably doesn't matter that much since they all
do NFS (obviously) and SMB more or less out of the box. Although, ZFS is really
nice, you may opt for Solaris 10 for stability and just get the public updates
and fixes as they come out.

OpenSolaris 2008.05 and .11 have package management, so as it updates to recent
builds you'll get the fixes for each release build--you'll also get any new
bugs too since that's the nature of OpenSolaris builds. I've been using
Community releases and for my needs at home (desktop and Java and C/C++
development), I haven't hit any of the bugs so far.

You may also want to consider Ubuntu's server edition. It's probably the
easiest option. I have to say, so far, nothing really beats "pkg-get" or
"aptitude" on Ubuntu in either ease of use or the number of software packages.

-m