On 31/10/2008, at 3:58 PM, Martin Bochnig wrote:
> But shipping FF3 as default browser undermines efforts like this (in
> your own distros SXCE and Indiana), because on this end you waste 10
> times the resources that others are trying to save piece for piece (in
> their distros). Why don't you more try to listen to / learn from the
> external contributors?

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/

indicates that there's pretty big demand generally for Firefox 3, so
we'll continue to ship it in OpenSolaris as the default browser for
the moment. If you care about its stability and performance, you are
of course welcome to contribute locally within the desktop community
or, better yet, upstream to the fine folks at Mozilla Foundation.

Glynn