Cyril Plisko wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 1:17 PM, "C. Bergström"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Alexander R. Eremin wrote:

> I think I'll chime in - in general I think it is a "Good Thing".
> The more activity there is around OpenSolaris, the better.
> Trying to keep everything under opensolaris.org umbrella
> won't work in the long run, simply because you cannot force
> people do it one "blessed" way.
> Also there is a concern, I am hearing way too often, that
> Sun just cannot let the control go (and I share this concern to
> some extent). That is also another reason to have an alternative
> way of doing things - to help dismiss that concern.
>
> So, with that said, Mr. C. Bergström (sorry I do not know your first name)
> +1 to your effort.
>
> By the way, the list info page says -
> "The subscribers list is only available to the list administrator."
> any reason not to open it to at least subscribers ?

Hi Cyril,

Thanks for your input.  I explicitly set that privacy setting because I
assume there would be people who prefer to stay anonymous and just
watch.  I'm forming the introductory letter today and wanted to wait
until people had a chance to sub.  By all means I don't mind /control/
where it makes sense, but it has to make sense... I think that if we do
start a patch acceptance process similar to BSD then in the end anything
that needs to be pushed upstream to onnv-gate would be possible with
just an OSR request.  I'm open to what the majority thinks is a good
idea..  Give me a bit and I'll post some thoughts to osunix-dev

./Christopher