Nicolas Williams wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 03:26:20PM -0600, Shawn Walker wrote:
>
>> tcsh is not a core Solaris package and media is not of an infinite size.
>>   Software has to be selected to fit on the core media based on certain
>> goals.  Everyone has their own favourite software that probably isn't
>> installed by default.  I don't understand why "pfexec pkg install
>> SUNWtcsh" isn't sufficient.
>>

> Can't it be in entire?

It is in entire, but that doesn't mean it's part of the default
installation. I believe it was removed from the default install because
of space issues on the CD for 2008.11. As shawn mentions, CD's are of
fixed size and the choice was made that this was one package (of many)
that had to be removed in order to fit. [1] contains the entire 150+
message thread where this and other issues were discussed.

Brock

[1] http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=266785