On 02/26/09 21:42, Silveira Neto wrote:
> Cool to see that you guys are also using Arduino. I got my first Arduino
> today. =D

We're just scratching the surface and are only limited by our imagination and
budget :-)

> Which intel moderboard are you talking about? I'm interested in having a
> pc to control robot interfaces throught Arduino.

I'm using the Intel D945GCLF:

http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Motherboards/D945GCLF/D945GCLF-overview.htm

There are much smaller Atom boards (e.g., Pico-ITX), but I'm starting with the
Mini-ITX first since I was able to borrow one ;-)

To allow the D945GCLF to be powered by batteries, I'm using a wide input DC-DC
converter:

http://www.mini-box.com/M3-ATX-DC-DC-ATX-Automotive-Computer-car-PC-Power-Supply?sc=8&category=981

I need to do some experimentation, but with the help of a DeWALT 18V
rechargeable battery (the type used in cordless power tools), I'm hoping to
keep the D945GCLF running for up to an hour.

> Another way to make a robot powered by OpenSolaris is creating a
> netbook-robot like these ones:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYO-tqRL7pY
> http://toolex.blogspot.com/2008/12/acer-aspire-one-arduino-rover-aa1.html

These are very cool. With an Atom as the brain on the mobile platform, things
can get real interesting.