I hope this hasn't been beat to death here... googling around I'm not
finding clear evidence indicating there is somekind of sensor pkg that
can tell hdd and cpu temps.

Maybe something along the line of lm_senors in the linux world.

I carved a home made fan port in the door of my pc to blow directly
over the 4 hdd that seem too crowed and seem to throw some heat to the
feel.  The fan is mounted exteral 120mm very quiet... Id like to see
effect it has.

Is there something available or some existing commands that tap into
S.M.A.R.T info?  Or anything at all that can tell temperatures of hdd?