Hi all,

recently, someone gave me an Ultrasparc5 workstation, and I decided to give it
a try. Right now, it's running Debian Lenny quite nicely. But as there are some
annoyances with Linux on Sparc (some proprietary software not ported to the
platform), I tought about installing a newer version of Solaris.
The Solaris 9 that came with the computer is way out of date and I would have
to download a lot of patches (and I'm not even sure if all of them are
accessible w/o a service contract). Being condemned to a slow Internet
connection (64 kb/s), I refrained from this for the time being and decided to
apply for a free Opensolaris CD instead. This was a fortnight ago, and since
then,  I didn't hear anything from  Sun.
So, is anyone here who recently ordered such a CD and knows how long it might
take, or if I should give it another try?

Sincerely,
Hartmut