Erast wrote:
Just wanted to share this link as well:

Unrealistic worst case scenario: OpenSolaris likely will continue its development on its own. Independent companies will start offering OpenSolaris support as Nexenta Systems does today for its NexentaStor product. The development may slow down at the beginning but should catch up as demand will grow.
Did you hit send too soon or post to the wrong list?

"b) IBM buying Sun would have no real impact on Nexenta"

"My opinion is b)."

Does Evan Powell really have any technical clue or just trying to bolster confidence in Nexenta? (My guess is the latter) In my very humble opinion Nexenta as a company is just using open source to help push their marketing and doesn't really get the whole community "thing". I'm frequently disappointed in the excuses of why their source isn't more freely available.. (I can cite references if needed) Year after year the same thing. My point and purpose for sending this is that with or without the threat of doom-n-gloom the community should push more innovation and not just hackish repackaging efforts like we see now. So with this.. can we all just get back to work.. pretty please..

./Christopher

---
Community driven OpenSolaris Technology - http://www.osunix.org
blog: http://www.codestrom.com