This link might be a bit more useful to some people:
http://www.endicottalliance.org/aboutmembership.htm

As I have expressed, I do not think this is a wise match with IBM. I believe it
will destroy value at Sun. My personal opinion is that a better match would be
with Cisco or Google. I don't know how many of you have recently seen the
'secret sauce' of goog hardware deployments, but frankly they have some of the
most ghetto engineering in the world going on. It works great up to a point...
But bread racks (with electro-tasty slide out shelves no less) and some
batteries strapped to them aren't exactly NEBS compliant either. On many fronts
they have good ideas about merciless deployment, but they really could do way
better too. They really don't have the back end for whatever Web 3.0 is going
to be that's for damned sure. Cisco, well god knows they make good packet
pushers, but after that the picture gets pretty damned dim, pretty damned fast.
What's that leave them, a Linux strategy? Ooooh good luck with that one, it's
worked so well for who? that they want to now buy Sun? Fran
 kly Cisco's better than Linux, so unless they want to fall on their asses with
yet-another reinvention of the wheel with a reinvented wheel as a technological
baseline, perhaps they ought to be thinking a bit more than babbling to the
market half baked press releases.

Sun is a company that I've always admired, and half the problem is the company
is consistently ahead of the curve technologically. Much of that has come from
a decent (I won't pretend it's perfect, I know better) corporate culture. It's
one that's mostly steered it clear of a mainframe mentality, and that
alternative is in part responsible for the companies success in the past.
Joining with the company that originated that very meme doesn't seem wise on a
very obvious level. Basic research would indicate this to be the case in
actuality as well. This should be a concern for anyone who's holdings of JAVA
are such that divestiture versus long term loss is an issue, much less a pile
of code monkeys.

Tim